>Well, the system is a dual AMD 2400+.  I think I may have to
>reinstall.  The old system was a dual P3 850.  I just took my
>drives out and put them in the new machine without re-installing.
>  I went through the kernel and didn't see any reason why it
>should work.  Ouch.. the next question.... Was this not what I
>should have done?  The system just came right back up with no
>issues at all.

Ekk, I have had massive issues just with my own personal computer with
swapping hard disk drives from an Intel <-> AMD machines and they have blue
screened on occasion. I would highly advise at least recompiling the kernel,
if not a full re-install of FreeBSD. May I suggest trying FreeBSD
5.0-RELEASE as there is a big improvement in SMP (I haven't had ANY issues
with it just running HLDS)

- Drew