Drew Broadley wrote:
Well yeah, thats windows.  FreeBSD doesn't seam to want to know
the hardware *that well*.  So I thought it would be ok.

What were the components not recognised, can I help you in any way with
finding the correct drivers for these ?

Actually I meant the opposite. I had NO problems. What I meant is in Windows, swapping a mobo is like a seven organ transplant. Even moving a card from one slot to another causes Windows to re-install any drivers for that device. Windows will choke and sputter, but most times it can be made to run. Now, personally I would never swap a motherboard w/o reinstalling in Windows.

FreeBSD (and I assume many other *nix variants) don't seam to
care about stuff that much.  It see's a NIC, it uses it.  Move it
to another slot, reboot, no big deal.  I applied this train of
thought to everything though and just moved my system drive from
one box to another since I used the same RAID card, same NIC's
etc.  Only the board, mem & CPU's were different.  The system
just came up, no errors, no problems (except for the cpu%).

I rebuilt the kernel.  That didn't seam to help to much.  Maybe a
1/2% or so.  So I am doing the buildworld/kernel and all that
since 4.8 just came out last night.  I will let you know how it
goes.  If it doesn't, I will re-install all together.

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/