Hiho all,

Stefan wrote:
"I'm going to take a guess about which Kernel you are running.
2.4.9 to 2.4.18-ish ?

There are known incompabilities between some kernels/compilesettings,
though noone here has really spent any time to figure exactly what is
causing the problems.
Downgrading or upgrading your Kernel usually fixes it for people though.

Apparantly development & performance tweaking to HLDS_L is STILL done on
a 2.2.x (suse 6) system, so your best bet performancewise is probably to
dig up one of these "ancient" kernels."

im using the suse 8.2 standard kernel, 2.4.20. I too believe it must be
someting with the kernel (because its the only component which differs from
the single cpu servers), but I'll not going to take out the server ^^
"never touch a running (linux) system".

btw, its only hlds, and therefore, I need a valve fix.. fast ;)

and thx for the respond.
bye Alex

PS: since these 100% peaks dont do any lag on the server (as others
reported), they are just corrupting my CPU stats programm.