According to the great words of Matt Heler:
> Valve was just recently hacked.

Their fault. Don't they have an IT security department? If it was a
bank who had just lost their entire database of customer information,
including your own personal files, would you be as sympathetic?

> The code that they have been slaving over,
> for well over a year was released by hackers.

See above.

> Plus on top of that
> they are under a tight schedule to reaudit and rewrite most of that
> code.

See above.

> I'm just hoping HL2 plays out smoother then theese last few
> months of HL have been.

Unlikely. Every release they've done has been worse than the previous.
This is one company that not only doesn't learn from the past, but in
fact, they deteriorate. It's time to make them accountable. Vote with
your wallets is all I can say. I've been supporting Valve and HL for
years and they've done nothing but make money off of my efforts.
Meanwhile, they've continued to make the game I love get worse and
worse. You know, I don't expect them to pay me for providing a part of
their server infrastructure. I don't even expect praise. I just expect
a quality product that will improve with time, that I can feel
confident in. Playing the game should be enough to make it worth it.
But I don't even have that any more. Instead, I have a game with some
of the most important features broken. I have securty problems ignored
for months at a time while *my* server is vulnerable. I have the best
anti-cheat systems disabled and replaced with crap. The list goes on
and on how Valve has steadily messed this game up. So what will I do?
Certainly *not* invest another dime in Valve. I figure I'm single
handedly responsible for dozens of people buying HL1. I will try to be
responsible for just as many deciding not to buy HL2. What goes around
comes around.

-Mad

--
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a
proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

                – Prime Minister Jean Chrétien