ruwen wrote:

I fully agree that cheaters should get banned but how you can be sure
people are cheating?
If somebody uses linux + wine and a new vac update detects wine as a cheat.
So he gets banned.
This is not ok. Some people had that problem when they were using cheating
death. I think valve can
only ban people if they are 100% sure about that they are cheating.

ruwen

Read Nicks latest message, and rest peacefully.

I used to be on the dev list to test VAC on winex, so they do care about
false detections on linux.

There has been false bans before, but they've been spotted and undone.

Though I haven't played for linux in a while, I know that when I did
except for the early days of VAC there were no real issues.

I jumped of the winex boat right about steam entry time though, so I
can't say what's happen since then.