In a bold display of creativity, Mike Frysinger wrote:
people really should stop looking at it as 'windows 2003 performs better than
linux' and start going 'does valve know how to write a linux server' ?

I thought the question was which OS yields the best performance when it comes to running HL servers, which are native Win32 apps.

perhaps a lot of the 'overhead' is a factor of poor coding in the linux hlds
realm rather than 'overhead' in the OS

if i recall old threads correctly, it's always been like this and the general
consensus was that it was hlds rather than the OS at fault ... and i'm
inclined to agree ...

I didn't realize this was even a question. I thought it was obviously so :)

--
Eric (the Deacon remix)