That box I bought from dell cost $200 less since I requested XP not be
loaded... $699 less since I requested WinServer 2k3 not be loaded.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric (Deacon)
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 10:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] OS opinions please

In a bold display of creativity, MadScientist wrote:
> I'm comparing apples to apples... i.e. the latest Windows to the latest
> Linux. But even still, W2K is more expensive than Linux or FreeBSD, and
> that will still leave you with extra money for hardware.

Uh, yeah, feel free to compare apples to gophers all day long, but the
fact is that when you order a box from Dell or whoever else, it's going
to come with a Windows OS on it, usually XP these days.  XP, Win2k Pro,
either way, it's going to be just fine.

--
Eric (the Deacon remix)