I'm very much surprised (maybe I shouldn't be) at the ratio of analytical to
anecdotal evidence in this thread.  I know that a lot of you make money by
hosting game servers, and usually when money is on the line, people get a
lot more serious about value for the money.

Based on the comments thus far, it seems it's *impossible* that win2k3 could
outperfom *nix, and if it does for HLDS, it's only because of poorly coded
binaries.

Again, some sort of validation behind that would be interesting to know.

Anyway, like I promised, I'll post spec/benchmark comparisons when the
migration is finished.

Mike