On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 07:42 +1030, Melissa Carley wrote:
> I am trying to help out a gaming community, and as such they need to
> provide an alternative for gamers who just CANNOT get broadband of any
> form. So I am wanting to setup a CS dialup server so that they can
> play online without having to play against players that have
> broadband.
>
> I dont think  it's such a silly request and quite annoyed in everyones
> response.
<snip/>

I think everyone has interpreted your question as:
"I have a dial up connection and want to run a CS server."
Which is simply not going to work for any modern fps game.

When what you most likely mean is:
"I have a CS server (on a decent connection of some sort) and want to
tune it so my dial up users get the best possible service."
In which case you will need to fiddle with the rates to make the server
unattractive to broadband users, but perfectly serviceable for those
with higher latency and lower rates.

Yes? No?

Cheers
Andrew