Melissa Carley wrote:
I am trying to help out a gaming community, and as such they need to
provide an alternative for gamers who just CANNOT get broadband of any
form. So I am wanting to setup a CS dialup server so that they can
play online without having to play against players that have
broadband.

I dont think  it's such a silly request and quite annoyed in everyones
response. I have asked a question in regards to how to configure a
server, it's not like I havent configured a server before but I was
after some ideas on the best setup as I haven't actually done a
dial-up server before.

Instead of writing back useless threads of bitching and carrying on,
why not actually write back something constructive? There may actually
be other people out there who actually want to know the answer to my
question.

I think everyone thought you wanted to run a server on dialup, which of course would be silly ;-)

As for a config, just use a standard config but you'll want:

sv_maxrate 4500
sv_minrate 2000
sv_maxupdaterate 30
sv_minupdaterate 10

You can't keep broadband users from joining unless you firewall off the
server from traffic outside known dialup subnets but using those rates
would make it very unenjoyable for broadband users and should be enough
to make them leave shortly after joining.