just a reminder, do u have any cron job which ran in 1 mins interval?
and do u hv ext3 with kjournald on? in my previous experience, kjournald
_may_ introduce lag spike if wrongly set, or after an fresh installation
which have many new files.

chris

Owen T. Soroke wrote:

Come on... What I tell you is factual. I am looking for a solution.

I have done traceroutes, and had a technician test out the
infrastructure from their side. The CPU load is below 10% at all times.

This is a dedicated server, and OC-3 I am using.

There are no problems with the line, or the box, and all clients on the
server have pings which spike to above 700 for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Afterward they settle back down.

After spending 15 hours with my ISP doing many tests, cycling the
network connections, and rebooting the server, I am positive the
connection and / or box is not the problem.

However, I am not sure of the O/S, or srcds at this point.

-----Original Message----- From: Ian mu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2005 5:19 PM To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Massive Lag Spikes

Not aware of any, but I doubt your on an oc-3 line (your ISP may be, but
what about out of your machine), I'd also change any rcon passwords ;).
Have you got people to do traceroutes to the server when there's lag
spikes? Also watch the cpu usage and load on the server as they're
normally the best indicators of where the lag is coming from.

Regards, Christopher Luk