From: "Ben H." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 2:47 AM
Subject: [hlds_linux] New to linux servers, need help

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -- [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] Im new to the whole linux server world and have set up a box running Fedora 3 and have SELinux enabled. I believe i have installed it correctly. Every thing is installed in a directory in the home folder of an account i made f= or it. I am now stuck with a few questions. 1) should it be where it is or in someother directory? 2) What command line do I run to start it properly? and 3) Is there anything extra i have to do to ensure this runs properly?

I have tried RTFM'ing but cant find many good things out there for FC3. The IT
is HLDS for HL1, im trying to set it up to run
regular old CS, not source. I have a DLink router that is set to DMZ for the
server's IP, i believe i forwarded the ports by
adding them to the "Other Ports" thing in Sercity Level. I have Metamod and
AMXMODX install properly i believe. i havnt really
played with any config files however. I tryed running "./hlds_run +sv_lan 0
-game cstrike -autoupdate +ip 172.101.0.10 (lan ip of
server) Should that be the wan ip? It seems to start off alright but gets stuck
after it has downloaded the security thing from
speakeasy.net n the server is secure.

And i have tryed googling for help and http://server.counter-strike.net/ but
still am getting stuck thats why i have turned to you
guys.

Do you guys have any idea of whats getting stuck? should i try removing the
mods n running it then adding them later? Any and all
help is greatly appreciated. thank you

Ben H.

================================================ This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone (023) 8024 3137
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]