I forgot to mention I run CentOS-4.1

William Warren wrote:
right now:
p-4 celeron 2.54 ghz, 512 megs ram and a 40 gig SATA drive(dell
poweredge sc420)  This houses a 14 person cs1.6 server.  Rate is
10000.  This server runs adminmod, metamod, and hlguard 1.71
(with all hlguard detections on).  Cpu averages @45% when full
with spikes to 100 during map changes.  The connection is dsl
outgoing is rated at 768 and i routinely get that much.  The
server runs a maximum of 432 kilobits when full which is good
because it is QOS's to a minimum of 445 and can burst above that
is no other network services are using the connection.  Right now
it has not touched its floor.

Alfred Reynolds wrote:

I find myself being asked quite often about what CPU/net requirements it
takes to run a server. I have answers based upon our internal
playtesting but I would also like to hear what you guys use in the wild.

So, my questions are:
1) What speed CPU do you use for a 32 player HL1 server (CS 1.6)
2) What speed CPU do you use for a 32 player Source server (CS:S)
3) How much bandwidth per user do you allow for a HL1 server
4) How much bandwidth per user do you allow for a Source server
5) How much difference is there in these requirements for other mods?

- Alfred

Computer House Calls, Networks, Security, Web Design:
http://www.emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
What businesses are in Brunswick, Maryland?  Check Brunswick First!
http://www.checkbrunswickfirst.com
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou
shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: