I don't need a statistically accurate sample, just a survey of the
landscape.

- Alfred

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric
(Deacon)
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 2:42 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Server specs

In a bold display of creativity, Alfred Reynolds wrote:
> I find myself being asked quite often about what CPU/net requirements
> it takes to run a server. I have answers based upon our internal
> playtesting but I would also like to hear what you guys use in the
wild.

If I may make a suggestion, wouldn't it be easier to build in something
like the client-side survey tool but for servers?  I guess to get honest
stats you'd need to know a lot more detail regarding how busy those
servers actually are, whether there's more than one server per computer,
what those other service are running (including apps other than Valve
games) and how busy those are, etc.

--
Eric (the Deacon remix)