I agree there's obviously only 2 real processors, but the theory is
kind of the same, the big problem is you have 2 processes and 2
processors currently working fine. That situation is ideal. The
problem is the 3rd process added as the 2 currently are sucking up the
best part of each cpu, and how that is handled

It's not ideal as its a bad scenario with 3 servers on 2 cpu's however
you look at it, but I'd be surprised if you get better performance
with 3 servers on 2 cpu's with HT off. Not going to get lots of
improvement, but possibly a small amount I would guess.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/reviews/article/1557.7/

That gives a better type of explanation really of 2 different
processes on a HT system, I'd be genuinely interested if it comes out
better performance with 3 ded servers with HT disabled as I'm no
expert on it.