At 10:08 PM 9/15/2005 -0700, Alfred wrote:

>It will be released when its ready.

        Translation: We've better things to work on, like fixing the
bugs in other games, getting DoD:S ready to ship, and testing all
the changes that going from a 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS requires.
Gee, your 64-bit chips run 32-bit apps just fine, and there's
only a handful of 64-bit OS's out there, so it's not like this
is a systems down issue, it's just an inconvenience.  Given the
number of servers running 64-bit native on all applications,
what mangler^G^G^G^Gager would allocate expensive man-hours
to feeding this nitch market rather than the vast majority of
our consumers?

        Chip makers are always ahead of the OS and applications
makers.  The fact that the chips are backwards-compatible is
proof that there would be no market without being able to run
current software on them.

        From a business standpoint, it doesn't make sense to
feed the 64-bit market until more pressing matters are finished.

        - Dan

* Dan Sorenson      DoD #1066      A.H.M.C. #35     [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vikings?  There ain't no vikings here.  Just us honest farmers.   *
* The town was burning, the villagers were dead.  They didn't need  *
* those sheep anyway.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.   *