Yeah its not a problem with the system, its confirmed to be with certain
maps that so much crap on them.

Gary wrote:

You're going to have to disable it in the bios, not in the kernel. HT
isn't really going to help or hurt in your case (disabling it won't
really hurt anything, as it's still not considered a physical cpu)

If you really want to run at full speed, get an irwindale intel cpu,
the more L2, the better under load.