John Sheu wrote:
If I recall correctly, there's something called "ethernet bonding" that
might be useful in your case.  It's somewhere in the Linux kernel, let
me look it up...

Ah, there we go.  "Bonding driver support", under "Device Drivers" ->
"Network device support".

Network interface "bonding" (AKA Etherchannel, AKA Port Aggregation
Protocol) is used to load balance multiple OSI layer 2 links (usually
fast or gigabit Ethernet).  It's used for redundancy and load balancing,
not for adding multiple IP addresses to a user process.
I suggest trying the 0.0.0.0 address theory that was suggested earlier.

-Daniel