Oddly enough, I've found that both the hlds_amd and hlds_amd64 segfault
if you are attempting to utilize the updated maps of dust2, train and
nuke (with the flash bang fixes).  The server would segfault if the map
was loaded.  I ran a -verify_all to overwrite those 3 maps
and...tada...no segfault.  Can Valve perhaps take those maps from Drax
with the flashbang fixes and make them standardized?

sYs^ wrote:

Alfred Reynolds wrote:

We have released an update for the Source dedicated server. To get this
update run the hldsupdatetool.

The update fixes the loading problems with srcds_i486, fixes the player
connection log line displaying stale Steam ID's and fixes the
utllinkedlist assert seen when players are being authenticated.

For Linux users this simply moves what was the Beta version (released on
Saturday) to the current live version. Linux users also have a Half-Life
1 Dedicated server update with this release (as for Source, making the
Beta the public version).

We will have a Half-Life 1 Dedicated server update for win32 users later
in the week to correct the linked list assert.

- Alfred

After this update my cs1.6 server writes:

Auto detecting CPU
Using Pentium II Optimised binary.
Enabling debug mode
Auto-restarting the server on crash

Console initialized.
scandir failed:/home/xxxx/cstrike/bat/hlds/./platform/SAVE
Protocol version 47
Exe version 1.1.2.5/Stdio (cstrike)
Exe build: 01:13:17 Dec  3 2005 (3327)
STEAM Auth Server
couldn't exec language.cfg
Server IP address xxxxxxxx:27018
scandir failed:/home/xxxx/cstrike/bat/hlds/./platform/SAVE
./hlds_run: line 342: 12377 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $HL_CMD
debug.cmds:1: Error in sourced command file:
Cannot access memory at address 0xbde517ec
email debug.log to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tue Dec  6 07:23:49 CET 2005: Server restart in 10 seconds