EMT64 != 64 bits.
EMT64 is just a memory arhitecture to support 4GB memory, but the core of
Intel still works on 32bits. Unless you're using Itanium.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Shannon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:10 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] RE: 64Bits Compatiblity

EMT64 = AMD x64, they are the same.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of dackz
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:42 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com

If you're talking about the Source Dedicated Server, there aren't any
64-bit binaries released yet. I presume the engine_amd binary is just
optimized for AMD CPUs in general.

If 64-bit binaries were released, you'd need one for every binary in the
bin/ folder, as well as one for all the mods you run.

David A S Carter wrote:
Is it me or would you not want to run the "AMD"64 binary when running
EMT64?