Try ./steam

Then it should ask you to try again, no need for -command etc the first time
round.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jay Anstiss
Sent: 21 August 2006 20:24
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] setup query

ok - a friend managed to open up some ports I apprently needed in order
to get my CS source server installed - I'm using the following guide for
the install:

http://www.cstrike-planet.com/tutorial/1/5

I get upto where I need to type chmod +x steam - that goes fine, but
then I type ./steam -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir .
and yet again it hangs on the text of:

Checking bootstrapper version...

I'm not sure if I've typed typed the ./steam command wrong for the
update or not, but am I missing something here? Why is it hanging on
that bootsrapper thing again? If someone is feeling charitable and can
help, PLEASE do!

Jay.