Well put. It sounds like we're in similar standing (re: connections, web
hits, etc.).

It must not be apparent to the development team that the CS:S community is
losing market share to WoW, BF2142, and other multiplayer online games.
VALVe, you've got access to the traffic data. Look at it, please. If you're
not concerned with the game popularity, why continue to release updates?
Your continued development clearly suggests you'd like to continue to see
the game grow, but you're making it extremely difficult on the communities
that support it.

Unless, of course, you're intending on running your own servers, charging,
and becoming a WoW-business model.

You're not. Right?

On 11/17/06, Ghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Valve - instead of ignoring us, can  you give us some insight?  Can you
> say something?  Why are you always so silent?
>
> Specifically, I would like to hear your thoughts on:
>
> - Is this update _really_  worth breaking so many mods and server add-ons?
> - Why is CS:S not considered good enough for the CPL?
> - Why are you adding features that the community did not ask for instead
> of fixing long-time bugs?
> - Why do you think that CS:S is played less then CS1.6 even though 1.6
> is much older?
> - Why are you ignoring the community instead of using them to your
> advantage? (testing, betas, ideas, sales, etc.)
> - If the community is not important to you what is?
> - What are your long term plans for CS:S?
> - Why do you think your solutions are the best ones?
>
> I am not trolling for Valve bashing answers from the court.  These are
> honest questions that I have for Valve.
>
> I run 3 public servers that together get 60,000+ connection attempts per
> month and a CS:S community with a website that gets 350,000+ hits per
> month.
>
> My communities users spend money by renting servers (game, web, vent),
> buying STEAM games (The Ship, etc.) and convincing others to buy CS:S.
>
> Yes we are just a small voice but the point I am trying to make is that
> we are part of the overall community. We are your end users.
>
> I will not try and hide my disappointment in the last update but this
> really sucks.  The add-ons provided by Mani make my servers fun. They
> add choice and switch up the "same old thing". Now that is gone (by
> default).
>
> For the first time I actually started thinking about either just giving
> up and shutting everything down or migrating to a new game. My decision
> has not been made yet, I'm still thinking.
>
> I guess I just don't understand and am hoping for some honest
> enlightenment from Valve themselves.
>
> Am I asking for too much?
>
> Fred Harju
> aka: Ghost++;
> aka: very frustrated, disappointed and confused
>

> Jason Ruymen wrote:
> > Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been
> > released.  Release run hldsupdatetool to receive these updates.  The
> > changes are:

> > Jason

[Mmmm]stuttering.john .gc
"Together we spawn."