Don't forget the 64 bit and dual core support!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ghost
Sent: 17 November 2006 23:12
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Counter-Strike: Source and Source Engine Update
Released

Valve - instead of ignoring us, can  you give us some insight?  Can you
say something?  Why are you always so silent?

Specifically, I would like to hear your thoughts on:

- Is this update _really_  worth breaking so many mods and server add-ons?
- Why is CS:S not considered good enough for the CPL?
- Why are you adding features that the community did not ask for instead
of fixing long-time bugs?
- Why do you think that CS:S is played less then CS1.6 even though 1.6
is much older?
- Why are you ignoring the community instead of using them to your
advantage? (testing, betas, ideas, sales, etc.)
- If the community is not important to you what is?
- What are your long term plans for CS:S?
- Why do you think your solutions are the best ones?

I am not trolling for Valve bashing answers from the court.  These are
honest questions that I have for Valve.

I run 3 public servers that together get 60,000+ connection attempts per
month and a CS:S community with a website that gets 350,000+ hits per
month.

My communities users spend money by renting servers (game, web, vent),
buying STEAM games (The Ship, etc.) and convincing others to buy CS:S.

Yes we are just a small voice but the point I am trying to make is that
we are part of the overall community. We are your end users.

I will not try and hide my disappointment in the last update but this
really sucks.  The add-ons provided by Mani make my servers fun. They
add choice and switch up the "same old thing". Now that is gone (by
default).

For the first time I actually started thinking about either just giving
up and shutting everything down or migrating to a new game. My decision
has not been made yet, I'm still thinking.

I guess I just don't understand and am hoping for some honest
enlightenment from Valve themselves.

Am I asking for too much?

Fred Harju
aka: Ghost++;
aka: very frustrated, disappointed and confused