It depends on how well documented it is.  It probably doesn't really
matter though whether you compile it for your cpu or not.  Although,
there's been kind of a war between the linux admins and valve about how
inefficient hlds is, so it should benefit you.

If it gets to be overcomplicated, then skip it and forget it.

Dave "M3pH!sT0pL3s" Williams wrote:
cheers that much appreciated. i'm still configuring the server atm. But
i was wondierng how easy/hard it would be compile metamod for my cpu
seeing the server is running those otpimizations as well