The mapper for dust2 did actually sell an ad in his map, as an fyi.

kev

Dave "M3pH!sT0pL3s" Williams wrote:
i think i just might kill myself. i've been playing counter-strike 1.6
since i was 17 and @ no point did i thik it was ok to adverts on the
maps themselves. of course if it is done i a similar way to how mani
does his then it might be ok but if they are huge, colour full and
distracting then that's another game valve have ruined.

There is common trend here guys.

Saint K. wrote:
interview: advertisements coming to cs

In-game advertisements are coming to Counter-Strike 1.6. Go ahead and let
that sink in a bit. CS-Nation has the exclusive first interview with
Valve's
Doug Lombardi about this upcoming addition into the Counter-Strike world.
 CS-Nation: Many gamers who play CS 1.6 purchased the retail version. CS:
Source was sold as part of the Half-Life 2 package. How do you think
gamers
who purchase your products will react to in-game ads?

 Doug Lombardi: We believe that gamers are going to expect and accept
well-done advertising in games. We want to make sure that advertising
does
not detract from the game experience, so it is our hope that first time
Counter-Strike purchasers will consider it simply as part of the game
world.
There are three information packed pages to this interview. Go ahead and
give it a gander and voice your opinions in the comment section.

Hey permanent screw heads. Your going to pay for my fucking server
when you
put up ads in it? Get bloody real!

This SO pisses me off. We do all the fuckin work of hosting YOUR GAME
on OUR
SERVERS for fucking FREE and you are now going to use it as advertisement
base?

What the bloody fucking hell is wrong with you people?

Forgive me for all the swearing, but i basicly feel like i've been
fucked up
the ass with a giant baseball batt.

We pay the cost for the server hardware, we pay the costs for the
bandwith
and propper server locations, and your gettin all the money of it?

If we put up some ads in our server to help fund it you go all wah wah
treadning with lawsuites 'n shit, and now your pulling the very same
shit,
by putting the ads in, and taking money out of our own hands. Meaning we
have to pay even more cause we wont attrackt our own advertisers
anymore due
to this shit?

What a bunch of crap shit this is.

Saint K.