i spose you could try playing with the kernel i/o scheduler but that
wouldn't be too much more than switching from what ever you do have it
running to CFQ and afaik, CFQ is the default for most distro's. i spose
the best way would be to place each server on it's own drive, as vlad
suggested. other possible ways could be linear raid arrays, raid 0,
fibre channel drive arrays?