On 6/9/07, Jani Tiira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!

What build is it showing your beta-client? Mine is 3130 an it still lets me
in.

"version" in client console shows this:

Protocol version 7
Exe version 1.0.0.34 (cstrike)
Exe build: 11:51:38 Jun  3 2007 (3130)

Do you have the pure_server_whitelist.txt somewhere in your
server-directory?

Yes.

And if you do, where is it supposed to be? in cstrike/ ?

Definitely in "Game" path, which is ./cstrike for me.

Like I said, I seem to have tried everything but I just can't get it to
work. And what build is your server showing up? Mine says version :
1.0.0.34/7 3128 secure (where as normal servers are version :
1.0.0.34/73048 secure). I know it's just me not getting it to work.

"version" on my dev server shows this:

Protocol version 7
Exe version 1.0.0.34 (cstrike)
Exe build: 15:34:54 Jun  1 2007 (3128)

But this will bug
me forever if I can't get it to work. :P

No doubt -- it bugged me forever too! ;)

Here is a sample pure_server_whitelist.txt.  I had some trouble
finding an example elsewhere.  Hope this helps:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/srcds1/cstrike# cat pure_server_whitelist.txt
whitelist
{
       // 3 modifiers are allowed on file specifications:
       //
       //  from_steam          - only check the Steam cache
       //                        for the file (ignore anything on disk)
       //  allow_from_disk     - allow the file to come from disk
       //  check_crc           - used with allow_from_disk - server does
       //                        CRC checks on the client's file to make
       //                        sure it matches
       //
       //  The default modifier on all files is allow_from_disk. Thus, all
       //  files can come from disk and don't need CRC checks unless
       //  allow_from_disk can be set at the same time as check_crc. Use
       //  the + character in between them to signify this:
       //
       //  allow_from_disk+check_crc.
       //
       // Three types of file specifications:
       //
       //  1. directory\*.*      - refers to all files under the directory
       //  2. directory\...      - refers to all files under the directory
       //                          and all directories under that (recursively)
       //  3. directory\filename  - refers to a single file
       //
       // By default, when in pure server mode, most content file types
       // are only allowed to come from Steam.
       //

       materials\...      from_steam
       models\...         from_steam
       sounds\...         from_steam
       scripts\...        from_steam

       //materials\...      allow_from_disk+check_crc
       //models\...         allow_from_disk+check_crc
       //sounds\...         allow_from_disk+check_crc
       //scripts\...        allow_from_disk+check_crc

       //
       // Allow custom player models. Don't do CRC checks on them
       // because the clients may all have different custom models and
       // the server won't have them all.
       //
       // Example:
       //
       // models\player\...                   allow_from_disk
       // materials\models\player\...         allow_from_disk
       //
       //
       //
       // (Uncomment and edit these for mods).
       // Allow mod resources to come from disk.
       //
       // materials\mymod\...             allow_from_disk+check_crc
       // models\mymod\...                allow_from_disk+check_crc
       // sounds\mymod\...                allow_from_disk+check_crc
}

If you're still having trouble and the rest of the list is getting
bored with out conversation then feel free to contact me directly.