for most kernel races you need to first come into the system. i think
most gameserverhosts are *only* hosting gameservers & are "nacked"
regarding installed/running applications. there is not apache, php,
mysql, whatever that could give you access to the server.

all in all, the "potential downside" is lower than the benefit, since i
have no benefit, when my gameservers are empty, right?

anyway, i think this is quite off topic.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
Offtopic: 2.5.6 Oo

Is it really a wise move downgrading to a development (odd) kernel?
Seems to me the potential downside is far greater than the benefit.
I can look for a bug/exploit list, but maybe someone knows without
looking it up.
It's also possible I'm missing something here.

Jeff Love
Burgh Gaming