Hello,

Up until one of the recent updates, I am getting the following error
message on one of my machines:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/tf2]$ ./steam -command update -game tf -dir .
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation

DebugAssert
Expr: ( close( m_pImpl->m_Socket ) ) == 0
Line: 606
File: ../Engine/Src/ContentServerBlockingConnection.cpp
Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)

I am running 64bit FreeBSD 7 with dualcore Xeon 3040's.  Any idea on
how to get this working again?  I'm hoping/assuming it's something
like a simple sysctl fix.

Add debug.mpsafenet="0" to /boot/loader.conf and it will fix it.

-- Gary Stanley ([EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED])

A: Why is top-posting (putting a reply at the top of the message) frowned upon?
Let's not play "Jeopardy-style quoting"