Hello,

      I can confirm this. Updates are juste eating more and more cpu.

      Even on DoD:S ... For my servers a core2duo E6300 was really
      fine 1.5 years ago. Now it's not enough at all !
      And how about Colmar ? This map is just unplayable because of
      tickrate drops ...

      On player's side : my old Athlon was fine with 25/30fps 2 years
      ago. On the same map I get 10fps max today ...

      Maybe the marketing push to more and more eyecandy things but
      what about an eyecandy game you can't play anymore because of
      mandatories updates ?

Le samedi 3 mai 2008 à 12:59:35, vous écriviez :

> This cpu usage is a rising problem. Friend of mine had 5 months ago a
> server that was able to run 24 slots. around 3 months ago, it had to be
> lowered to 22 slots after certain update. Now after Goldrush update, it
> is down to 20 and even that is not enough because in some maps, the lag
> is seen very clearly.
> CPU just maxes out and if we have this problem, others will have it too.
> Is there any way to reduce this usage because it really is a huge issue.

> I took a test. Joined 10 randomly picked servers and only 1 of them was
> able to run atleast 50 ticks at all times. half could run only 30 at
> minimum and rest kept dropping under 30 and the worst part was round
> start. Lag is problem, especially on over 20 slot servers right now and
> someone needs to do something before those servers go down. Not everyone
> has enough money to upgrade their hardware after 6 months.

> -ics

> Nephyrin Zey kirjoitti:
>> I might've spoken a bit too soon on this - the servers do still get up
>> into the high nineties CPU usage and stay there for a while - it seems
>> like after they've been running for a while their overall CPU usage
>> drifted back up to about the same as before the patch. This might be
>> the first ever case of "CPU Leaks" :-/ The server also still incurs
>> minor memory leaks, which seem to be about the same since before the
>> patch.
>>
>> I run two 32x linux servers that are nearly always full and
>> occasionally empty out at night. Here are some pretty graphs:
>>
>> http://www.nephyrin.net/NemuCPU.png
>>
>> Shows Load Average. On thursday it was lower despite both servers
>> being full (???). The big spike today is the patch. The servers were
>> both *instantly full* after the patch (among the first online) and
>> have been *constantly full* since, yet the CPU usage over the past
>> three hours has drifted up to pre-patch levels...
>> http://nephyrin.net/NemuMem.png
>>
>> Memory Usage over a longer period - note that i went from one to two
>> servers on tuesday, so the memory leaks have actually remained about
>> the same as before.
>>
>> If anyone from Valve wants a login to my stats system let me know. It
>> has tons and tons of pretty graphs dating to back when the server
>> started.
>>
>> - Neph
>>
>> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Nephyrin Zey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Two patches ago levels == how it ran on the patch before the patch
>>>  before goldrush. Both the patch before goldrush and the goldrush patch
>>>  hurt performance, and its now at levels similar to prior to both of
>>>  those.
>>>
>>>  Still a bit higher than it was when i first started hosting servers,
>>>  and higher than it should be, but better.
>>>
>>>  - Neph

Cordialement,
 Rom1                            Courriel : [EMAIL PROTECTED]