Playing some VS mode last night with random public players (on my own
group server, so I know nothing funny was going on at the server level).

On the first map of No Mercy (I only mention map because I have no idea
how this is pulled off or if it's map specific), we had just come in
from the street and into the room where the medicine cabinet is.  Had a
panic event from the director, then got boomed just as it was
subsiding... point is, we were in that room for a bit.  All during the
panic and the rush after being boomed, I found myself and my teammates
being hit very frequently by hunter pounces and attacks.  I wasn't
thinking too much of it other than, "The two guys playing those hunters
are doing really well at hitting all of us, and haven't we killed them
already?"... generally just thinking, without having suspicions of
anything amiss, that it was almost like there was a steady stream of
hunters spawning outside and coming into the room to jump us.  A couple
of my teammates started to catch on to something, saying, "Shame on you
guys using the hunter exploit" and such, and the other team kind of had
a laugh about it and said they'd stop.  I asked my teammates what they
meant by hunter exploit, and was told there's apparently some way to
respawn immediately/almost immediately, or spawn hunters, I wasn't clear
on it...  I then asked if they new exactly how to do it, or if there was
a way I could block it at the server level, but nobody really knew.  I
asked the other team in chat and basically got a "LOL, yeah right, so
you guys can use it on us now..." and "It's going to be gone with the
next patch anyhow".  They had stopped doing it, and the game was going
well other than that bit of weirdness, so I just made a mental note to
inquire here and continued playing.

So, has anyone seen/heard of this, and know details?  Is it something
that can be prevented currently?  The only possible clue I got out of
asking if it was something that could be blocked at the server level
was, "maybe if you can disable spectator".

Thanks,
Mark