Ok, here's my question then.  I have an old single core AMD Athlon XP
processor (1700+).  Should I disable acpi and/or apic?   As I said, some
time ago I noticed a drastic increase in the processor load for my
servers, will disabling one or the other, or both, of those improve that
situation?

Just to clarify what I am talking about.  When I was running a Windows
XP server the hlds process load was typically under 10% at 100 fps.  Now
at appr. 200 fps the process load can be as high as 80% for Natural
Selection.

Drek