Wow, many answers ^^.

So:

---------------------------
Could you post the taskset command lines you are using?

taskset -c 0 ./hlds_run.....
taskset -c 1 ./hlds_run.....
---------------------------
---------------------------
cat /proc/interrupts. Probably sharing interrupts.

See here: http://rafb.net/p/LN4JtN70.html
Only big differents is the "timer" interrupt only occuring on CPU0.
The "Rescheduling Interrupts" can't be it, it would mean CPU2 is in perfect
health, but it isnt.
---------------------------
---------------------------
Turn off irqbalancing. It's useless and it doesn't do anything
but hurt gameserver hosting.

i can't even turn it on, if i wanted to, cause:

Symbol: IRQBALANCE [=n]
Prompt: Enable kernel irq balancing
Depends on: X86_32 && SMP && X86_IO_APIC

I dont use an 32Bit System.
---------------------------
---------------------------
Useless. It doesn't do what it used to, and

biiig performance differents between nice --0 and nice --20.
---------------------------
---------------------------
Kind of useless, but can be useful in specific situations

Big difference between no preemption and full preemption.
without preempt im not able to get it stable 1000fps even on core0
Try running 2 servers on Core 0 and 2 and the rest on Core 1 and 3. Does
that change anything for you?

same here.
core0 = stable 1000
core1 = small spikes