From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Carl
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:29 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: [hlds_linux] Those damn reserved slots. [TF2]

So, I have been playing TF2 since the public beta and have noticed
something in TF2 that has made the game rather annoying: reserved
slots.  With the advent of the new server browser, it seems that nearly
full servers are brought to the top, which is another way of saying that
servers with only reserved slots left.  Its pretty annoying to try to
join a game and then be kicked after downloading its stupid content.

I myself (like many others here) am both a server admin as well as a
gamer.  I have found that using reserved slots just makes prospective
players angry.  I personally (and this doesn't work for everyone) just
kick a few random people.  It doesn't make sense to reserve a slot for
24 hours a day, when I play the game 1- 2 hours max a day.

If there was a way for servers to advertise (though maybe server tags)
that the remaining slots are reserved it would be most beneficial.

07:20:00