Valve doesn't check mods, i think they do communicate to some mods
(sourcemod) with upcoming changes that could break functionality. But thats
about it, they have no reason to take the mods into account since its 3rth
party.

You cant honoustly ask valve to check every plugin when there is a new
update, thats just too much.
As for updates, make sure your servers are automaticly updated.. then at
least your server is up.

And since they fixed some exploits and kept the mailinglist, there off the
hook for now :p

But i have to agree with you, a "heads up" when the update is coming would
be greatly appreciated.

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:55:14 +0200, Evaldas Žilinskas
<hlds_li...@gameconnect.lt> wrote:
> Don‘t get me wrong, but arrogant coding isn‘t popular anymore... Mail
> says:
>
> “along with an optional update for Day of Defeat: Source has been
> released“
>
> I understand, that optional part means, that you can update today or you
> can
> update your server tomorrow. People will be able to play. But today
I’ve