The "-nomaster" option has nothing to do with LAN or Internet game type. If is
used then the server won't join Master Servers and it won't be visible to
Internet servers list, but (there's always a "but") is a bug even in latest
engine and the server will also ignore any query packets and will appear as
being offline.

Anyway, there's a "sv_filterban" CVAR which specifies how IP bans should be
handled by engine. If is 1 (the default value) then any packet from an IP added
to bans list will be discarded (the normal behavior), otherwise if is "0" any
packet from an IP not included into bans list will be discarded. So you can try
to start server normally, ban the IP class of your LAN and then change the
value of this CVAR to 0:

    addip 0.0 192.168.0.0
    sv_filterban "0"

The result will be that any packet from outside your network will be discarded
by server.

If you only don't want your server to be listed to Internet tab, simply remove
the master servers using "setmaster remove IP:PORT" command:

    setmaster remove 69.28.151.162:27010
    setmaster remove 68.142.72.250:27010
    setmaster remove 72.165.61.189:27010

There are only 3-4 master server IPs, so you add these commands to server's
config and it will not be visibile to Internet tab, but will still respond to
query packets.

These things are valid for HLDS, don't know nothing about HL2 servers...

Sorin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01