Your disillusion of yourself obviously shows with your first statement.
As pointed out by members on that thread filling a server with fake clients
1. May get you delisted
2. Doesn't give a good experience for the end user.
Hence why you FAIL.
Then lets look at your next comment about top ranked clan servers!
How exactly do you think they be came top ranked, was it through word and
mouth of running good servers and building a community to support the
players so they enjoy playing there?
NO they con players on to there servers showing servers virtually full even
when there virtually empty. Unfortunately so many unsuspecting publics join
and make a snow ball effect, as we've all pointed out before if a server
only has 2 or 20 players on it at least when someone random joins they know
that.
Hence why servers listing fake connections to populate there servers are
also FAIL.
The affect that this has on the genuine games community is 2 fold.
1. Random publics are enticed onto substandard servers and don't join good
community servers.
2. The publics then have a bad gaming experience which generally will change
there point of view of said game in a negative way.

Someone pointed out what does this have to do with running servers, this has
everything to-do with running servers. This has to-do with running good
servers to meet the needs of the end user because that is how real player
bases & communities are built unlike the con artists of XXL & Lotus!

Im an average guy I work hard for a living and ive been running our games
community as a interest for over 5 years which we started with as a
cs1.2/3/4/5/6 clan and slowly built up from there, its like being shafted
every time I turn the pc on to see these idiots abusing the gaming community
in general.
Peace to all genuine admins let the rest rot in hell!