Hello,

I am trying to force my Left 4 Dead to connect to one of our dedicated
servers, but I want to connect through a lobby instead of directly via
"connect" in the console.  So, I create a friends-only lobby and set the
server type to "Best Available Dedicated".  I then set
ms_force_dedicated_server in the console like this:

ms_force_dedicated_server l4d.utica.edu:27015

When I try to start the game, it searches for a while and then says that
no servers could be found.  The server I'm trying to connect to is a
vanilla configuration (not a Steam Group server, no password, etc.).

Is there something I'm missing?

     Thanks,
     Dave

--