From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Stefan Popp
Sent: dinsdag 18 augustus 2009 20:51
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Valve Source Engine Console Message Format String
Vulnerability

The wish is currently present ;)

Due a lot of stuff valve didnt managed the right way ;)
1. bad code and many ways to crash servers from client side
2. changing engine stuff without telling plugin developer about changes
or any new sdk's
3. no statements about this and a lot of other points ;)

there are a lot of reasons why i wish to get my money back, but i still
hope that valve goes back to their roots and care about theire community ;)

Best regards,
Stefan Popp

Adam Nowacki schrieb:
> You'd wish you never bought any Valve games the day this happens.
>
> Stefan Popp wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but this must be corrected ;)
>>
>> -"Valve should start coding c++ with steams ;)"
>> +"Valve should start coding c++ with streams ;)"
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Stefan Popp
>>
>> Stefan Popp schrieb:
>>
>>> Well,
>>>
>>> Valve should start coding c++ with steams ;)
>>> Who works with printfs today?
>>>
>>> I hope Valve will fix the whole source to prevent overflows.
>>> C++ is you friend, not old C stuff...
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Stefan Popp

06:03:00