Philipp Reddigau a écrit :
> Hey guys,
> I have three little and easy question about "1000 hz" kernels and
> gameservers.
>
> What do you think/know is it better to compile a 1000hz kernel for
> normal servers with 300 to 500 fps?
> or we can take a normal kernel. to get more gameservers on one server?
> Generally with a "1000hz" kernel we can install more low fps servers or not?
>
> best regards,
> Philipp

Hi Philipp

    What do you think/know is it better to compile a 1000hz kernel for
    normal servers with 300 to 500 fps?

If you need only 300-500 fps game server.
Run command line with "-sys_ticrate 555 and probably a simple or no
-pingboost 1"  parameters and compile your kernel at 500HZ it's simply
suffisante and your cpu take care about load average better than 1000HZ.

The Hz is the clock Hz of your shealding system.
If it's an high value Hz, the actived thread take less time shealding
==> packegde of mesh (and all stuff with 3D..) are smaller to proceding
and the cpu take less %.
You can test with SMP patch and 500Hz.

    Or we can take a normal kernel. to get more gameservers on one server?

Than the response is *TRUE *with 500fps serveur you can run much more
game server on a same box.
But take at the view, it's depends of your Hardware...
*A kernel  must be personnaly optimised  for hardware's to get is best
performence.
*

    Generally with a "1000hz" kernel we can install more low fps servers or not?

"Yes and no..."
If you need to have both 1000FPS and 500FPS on same box, you need to
have compiled a high Hz option( 1000 or plus) for your custom kernel.
and than reduice the command lines parameters to: "200 tickrate  and
pingboost 2 or 3"

You have to take time and test different personnel Kernel patch options
for taking the best of your box.

Best regards,

Paca
eSport-hosting.be