Hi,

as some maybe have noticed the ESL has some GSPs on their site that
should be prefered to others just because they pay money to the ESL. In
addition to this they have introduced "protected" servers. I still have
not found what exactly is done to "protect" the servers. But for me it
looks like that those GSPs just look for changed files and loaded
plugins at server startup. All people then are able to check via the web
if a server is "protected".

For me this looks like total bullsh** because server admins are still
able to change files while running the server and it is also possible to
load plugins while the server is running (e.g. with plugin_load).

One approach to really secure the server against server-side
cheat-plugins is that the loaded plugin list is read e.g. every minute.
But is there maybe a way that a plugin is invisible for plugin_print? If
yes, this would also be useless.
But this is just for source servers. For hlds it may be enough to check
the loaded game dll and disallow metamod.

Does someone here maybe has more information about this?

Marcel