I think he means a way to automatically restart srcds and update when
one is announced.

I have never done it myself, but I imagine there is a way to hook these
announcements, either with a sourcemod plugin or by monitoring the
output of the console/screen session. Infact I vaguely remember a little
while back the same subject being discussed.

Try doing a search on the mailing list website
(http://list.valvesoftware.com/).

Regards