Python works, or C.

You might want to look up socket programming.

From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Ulrich Block
[ulbl...@gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:26 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Is it possible to identify from an other pc/server if
the entered ip:port is a game or a tv server?

On my first mail I already wrote that quakestat can not devide between
sourcetv and gameservers anymore and because of that I am looking for a
method without quakestat.

That is why I asked for a programm that allows me to send querys I wrote
to the ip:port I like.
And please do not send the developer page again. My question is and was
not what a query should contain. Instead the question was which program
allows me to send such an query string. To make it more clear. I do not
want a ready programm. Instead i would like to know which programm
allows me to query any kind of ports with custom written query strings.

Am 10.11.2010 13:10, schrieb frostschutz:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:07:38PM +0100, Ulrich Block wrote:
>> I read the page a couple of times before i wrote the mail here.
>> But the page does not answer the simpel question how to send the queries.
>> They only explain what a query should contain and how to read the reply.
>>
>> I am working out of the linux shell. All I need is a name of a programm
>> that allows me to send the query.
>> ping does not work. So what else to use.
> See if your software repository includes a program called qstat.
> That might work.
>
> Then there are several libraries for various programming languages
> (listed at the bottom of the wiki page) so if you have programming
> skills in any of them you can just use one of those instead of a
> command line application.
>
> Regards
> frostschutz

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, purge it and do not disseminate or copy it.