On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 05:25:29PM +0100, Ulrich Block wrote:
> Anyone knows the current string to query a server?

Personally I thought the netcat reply was kind of a joke :-)
but the string you used is correct and AFAIK there is no
alternative query method (short of RCON access).

However the reply is 100% identical from both gameserver and sourcetv.
At least that's how it works for TF2. Hence why I suggested using the
port numbers included in the reply to determine what you're talking to.

My work here is done,
frostschutz