This might help you with this:-
http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/help/source-engine-performance-guide/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andre Müller" <gbs.dead...@googlemail.com>
<hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 1:30 PM
Subject: [hlds_linux] Sense of ServerFPS?

Hi all,
What is the sense of the server-fps in the orangebox engine (CS:S)?
Are there any improofments when you raise the server-fps?
At the moment there are many game server providers which offer
gameservers with more than 20.000 FPS.
All of them are using a libhack to break the 1000FPS-Limit.

They tell it's not useful, but the customers want's it to have.
I think it is the best way when Valve itself care for clarification.

What is the best Value for fps_max. I most cases I'm using 70FPS as limit.

Maybe it is useful to set a fixed value of the ServerFPS like for L4D(2).

Greetings
DeaD_EyE
sourceserver.info

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to postmas...@multiplay.co.uk.