On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Max Pierson <nmaxpier...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Would someone or possibly a few folks out there kindly help me out with
> updating my knowledge about popular admin mods available (still adminmod
> and
> adminmodx??) for both 1.6 and Source? I would like one mod for both engines
> for ease, but I am open to options as I have a few VM's dedicated for these
> threads/stats servers (I split those operations up for performance gains).

AMX Mod X is still the most robust administration system for Half-Life
servers.
For Source servers, there are quite a few options (SourceMod, Mani Admin
Plugin, SourceOP and Eventscripts).
SourceMod is the most robust system out of those, and allows for greater
customization. I highly recommend it.

You should read http://wiki.alliedmods.net/SourceMod

> I would also like to get a stats site going as well (we used psycho stats
> in
> the past and were very pleased). Is that still a popular tool these days or
> have others created something comparable?? Open Source would be best, but
> for a cheap price, I would be willing to pay a small fee per server for
> stats. I've done some research, but since my lag in years of this awesome
> game is quite large, i'm re-status'ing myself as a  'noob' admin again :)

PsychoStats has a SourceMod plugin, so you can use it on both games.
There are a few alternatives to it, like HLStatsX:CE and GameMe.

Other than that, keep an eye on the mailing list and search the
AlliedModders forums when in doubt.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Reuben