Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions so far! I've been asked a few
times essentially what my environment is like to clarify what it is I am
able to do, sorry I did not include that into the original email.

I have complete control over the physical VM host servers
I also have complete control over the OS's running on them
I also have my own IP addresses (provider independent) that I announce to
pretty large peers
My past setup included a basic setup of creme de la creme services that
included the following ...

[1]Slackware (customized filesystem/kernel down to less than a 32mb
compact-flash to IDE converter with several GB's of RAM, so no HDD (linux
was ran in ramdisk)
Logs sent to another slackware server for analyses (using psychostats)
1.6 Servers all running admin-mod (adminmodx was still quite buggy at the
time)
Source servers for testing (using RCON for admin lol)

Im an comfortable in programming in PHP/AJAX/XML/etc, even some perl
scripting (no OO Perl yet :), and i've used many DB's (Post, Mysql, Oracle,
etc), so that's what I have to work with.

This scaled to a few small clusters, so Im comfortable with whats mentioned
above.

I'll make a list of all of the reply's just for the archive once I have one
built.

Thanks again all

[1]Gave me the ability to add more threads per box this methodology