The download is happening from your webserver application (such as apache).
It would not interfere with the game's thread to cause it to have to wait or
lag.  This is unless your webserver itself has a higher priority and is
causing scrds to wait for processing time, or while the webserver reads from
disk, srcds is using memory paging and needs to wait for I/O.