Whenever you change this value, the console says something among the lines of
"this will take effect on map change"

Thus, if it's only set in server.cfg, which runs at the start of each map, it
won't take effect until the second map.

I get around this by putting "exec server.cfg" in my autoexec.cfg, just before
the line that loads the first map.

Jesse Molina <je...@opendreams.net> wrote:

Can I get secondary confirmation on this, please?

I did not know this.

Thanks for the tip

Ross Bemrose wrote:
> One thing that isn't immediately clear is that sv_pure should always be
> passed on the command line. Otherwise, it will be 0 for the first map,
> regardless of what you set it to in server.cfg.
>
> Like this: +sv_pure 1
>
> On 7/27/2011 12:34 AM, Jesse Molina wrote:
>>
>> Some feedback here for Valve:
>>
>> I went through the learning process of srcds servers/tf2 about nine
>> months ago or so.
>>
>> Because of the large number of tutorials and howtos written by very
>> eager novices, I was thoroughly confused on what commands needed to be
>> issued as arguments on the command line and which needed to be in the
>> server.cfg. I had to do a lot of troubleshooting and experimentation
>> before I figured this out.
>>
>> Clarification via official documentation as to which commands need to
>> go on the command line and which need to go in the server.cfg would be
>> good. Also, which need a - and which need a + would be good too.
>>
>> FYI, here's the command line used to start one of my testing quickplay
>> servers;
>>
>> ./srcds_linux -game tf -ip 0.0.0.0 +clientport 27041 +hostport 27141
>> +tv_port 27241 -steamport 26041 +replay_port 27441 -strictportbind
>> -pidfile /home/hlds/srcds-servers/server-tf2-PHXONE/server.pid
>> -maxplayers 24 +map pl_goldrush
>>
>> This same command line setup is very similar for hl2dm, css, and l4d/l4d2
>>
>> Notice how some are + and some are -. There is a good reason for each,
>> but there is no pattern or any sense to any of it from a sysadmin
>> perspective.
>>

>> Alfred Reynolds wrote:
>>> Remove the map command from your config file(s)

# Jesse Molina
# Mail = je...@opendreams.net
# Page = page-je...@opendreams.net
# Cell = 1.602.323.7608