1. People don't play a game more because they paid more for it.
2. A class-based multiplayer FPS overlaps that much more than a
team-based FPS with a singleplayer RPG?
3. Same thing applies to CS:S. TF2 players shouldn't have dropped that
much from new games unless people were tired of the gameplay.
4. 57692 -> 54742 is a 5% drop, not 10%. Compare this with a 60% drop
for TF2 in November.
5. This is a temporary expansion from winter break and a new patch
that will subside in a month. The player count is still under CS:S.

Stop using Skyrim as a scapegoat. You cannot include people who leave
TF2 every time a new game comes out as part of the TF2 playerbase. It
is obvious to me that more people are playing CS:S instead of leaving
for new games like TF2 players because of the lack of variety.